A product bundle of epic proportions. You get the Chips 2.0, the Exoskeleton, the K-Roo Pouch, and the Wick-Fit Headband. Everything you need for using the Chips 2.0 on and off the mountain!
The Chips Ecosystem is a bundle of the Chips 2.0, K-roo Pouch, Exoskeleton, and Wick-Fit Headband. Basically, it's everything you need to use the Chips on and off the mountain.
The Chips 2.0
TBT to when you used to have to carry your MP3 + your earbuds + your smartphone + heated mittens when you would go ride your local hill. Then remember that time when Outdoor Tech® came out with wireless helmet audio to make your snow trip stress free? No wires, no need to take off them gloves and you can leave your phone in your pocket. Now, we’ve taken the CHIPS® 2.0 and dropped in some sweet new technology.
FULLY WIRELESS, and UNIVERSAL
Works with nearly any audio compatible helmet, the CHIPS 2.0 stream music from your Bluetooth audio device, completely wirelessly. Each earpiece features a single oversized button that you can operate easily with your mittens still on. Simple button press combinations let you control every feature without ever removing your device from your pocket.
CLEAN SOUND, CLEAR HIGHS, BIG BASS
The CHIPS® 2.0 come equipped with optimally tuned 40mm drivers to create incredible sound in your melon saver. You may not want to take your helmet off, ever. If this leads to people wearing lids on the street in the middle of summer, well, all we can say is: we set the trend.
BUILT-IN CALL FUNCTIONALITY
The Bluetooth connection, built-in microphone, and simple button interface of the CHIPS® 2.0 mean you can answer your next call without removing your helmet or gloves. No more fishing in your pants or pulling off your lid to tell your Ma you’ll be home in time for dinner. Just make sure you hang up before you start hassling ski patrol or debating skate laws with the police.
The CHIPS® 2.0 are compatible with helmets from the following manufacturers (and possibly more), as long as they have slots for audio drop-ins: Bern, Giro, Smith, K2, Anon, Pro-Tec, Bolle
- 40mm drivers deliver Hi-Fi sound to your lid, wirelessly. Yesssss
- Patented 2-button control system allows you to adjust volume, change tracks, play/pause music, and answer calls from outside your helmet knit, without removing your gloves
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Built-in microphone for calls and chats with Siri.
- Rugged, minimal design fits into virtually any helmet
- 3.5mm audio-in jack for non-Bluetooth device compatibility
- Included 3.5mm wire controls volume, pauses, plays, and takes calls
- IP45 sweat- and water-resistant
- Tested to work perfectly at -20°C/-4° F (brrr, that's cold)
- PLAYTIME: 10 hours wireless on battery; infinite playback when wired
- STANDBY TIME: 280 hours
- WIRELESS RANGE: 32 feet
- INCLUDES: USB Charging Cable, 3.5 to Micro-USB Converter, 3.5mm Audio Control Cable, ODT Logo Carry Pouch, User Manual & Stickers
Patent No. US D704,676
Patent No. CHINA ZL 2013 3 0218220.8
Patent No. EUROPEAN 002230466-001
*Additional Global Patents Pending
Yes, you are the best friend of the Chips; stop shouting, everyone already knows. But maybe you don’t know that the Exoskeleton is the second-best friend to the Chips. Guess what? The Exoskeleton wants to be your second best friend too.
Take Your Chips Anywhere
Now you can take the Chips to school, work, hot yoga, and almost anywhere else you want to listen to the new “fire” on your playlist. After we made the Chips people were so stoked on using them in their snow helmets, they wanted to use them off the mountain too. So we made some things (beanie, headband, k-roo, etc.) to help with that. The last piece to the Chips puzzle was the Exoskeleton. We have been dreaming of allowing people to use their Chips as regular headphones and finally, we did it.
Portable and Adjustable
Foldable headphones? Yes. We made it so you can fold up your Exoskeleton for stashing them in your bag, fanny pack, or maybe under your dad hat. The Exoskeleton is also adjustable. So if you happen to have a large melon, no worries, we have you covered.
- Fully compatible with wired and wireless Chips.
- Ability to fold Exoskeleton for compact transport and storage.
- Adjustable sizing to fit just about any cranium.
The K-Roo Pouch
Maybe you didn't like the audio liners in some snow helmets. Or maybe you want to skate around your local skatepark that requires helmets. Well now you can drop the Chips 2.0's into the K-Roo pouch and listen to your music or talk to your friends while "shredding the gnar".
The Wick-Fit Headband
Drop the Chips into the Wick-Fit Headband and go for a run. Or you can just sit, relax and listen to your favorite podcast. Either way, the headband is super comfortable and the Chips fit perfectly.